Not just men suffer from hair loss, women can suffer from it too. Hair loss can be caused by a wide range of factors. Aging, genetics, hormonal changes, nutritional deficiencies, and even excessive stress in our lives can lead to loss of hair on the scalp.
Once you’re aware that your hair is thinning out, or falling out at a rapid pace, you’ll want to visit your doctor for a checkup, and find ways to reverse this embarrassing condition. Essential oils can be a beneficial way for increasing your blood circulation, and helping to stimulate the hair follicles that are responsible for hair growth.
Essential oils can also reverse some of the skin conditions that can contribute to hair loss, including dandruff, eczema, and allergies.
How to Make a Stimulating Essential Oil Blend for Hair Growth
Here are a few beneficial essential oils for hair loss reversal that can be mixed with a carrier oil and applied to your scalp overnight. Just wash with shampoo in the morning and you’re set for the day.
1. Lavender oil. Not only does this oil smell wonderful, but it contains many healing compounds that can help you to relax, and decrease headaches. The general well-being it gives can help to decrease your stress levels that leads to hair loss. Lavender will also help to increase blood circulation, and kill any bacteria on your scalp that cause hair loss.
2. Rosemary oil. This oil smells good enough to eat. It has a strong and pungent minty scent. It contains many antioxidants that can help to decrease bacterial and fungal production on your scalp, while helping to stimulate your hair follicles. It can also clear out blocked pores, giving a better chance for healthy hair to grow back.
3. Cedarwood oil. This essential oil works effectively at killing the fungus which can cause dandruff. It will help to balance the beneficial versus the harmful organisms that live naturally on the skin. Once rebalance has been achieved, hair will grow in thicker and healthier.
4. Thyme oil. Thyme essential oil is made from the herb, with aromatic leaves and spikes of pink flowers. The best type contains thyme linolool, as it’s the best skin softener. If you purchase red thyme, it contains mostly thymol and is a skin irritant. One is best for skincare, while the other is for aromatherapy, so don’t mix the two up. Thyme can help increase blood flow to the scalp and help encourage the hair follicles to grow faster.
5. Peppermint oil. Peppermint oil is a natural stimulant that’s good for all parts of the body. It can help to revive you, and provides stimulating properties to the hair follicles. It helps to unclog pores and encourage the production of healthy skin cells. It’s good if your scalp has other conditions too, such as dryness or flakiness.
It’ll take a bit of effort on your part to restore lush full hair growth, as there’s no “magic pill”, but over six weeks or so you can expect your hair to be fuller and lusher.